Monday, June 21, 2010

Back in the Saddle again... & a family farewell!

That may be a really bad metaphor to use in this instance...but hey...I'm back! :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind comments, emails and notes during my time away from blogworld. I truly felt loved, so thank you! xo
The week for me ended in our family farewell to my parents who are moving interstate! {Enough with the changes and emotions!! :)}
It was lots of fun, with food and family, you can't go far wrong! Everything was rustic, blue and white, floral - very mum! Given I was out of action for some of the lead up, it wasn't an all out decorated affair. As much as I love styled dessert scapes, I don't think all celebrations need to be 'perfectly styled' either. That's what gives them personality, right?!
Anyway, one styling highlight were these little potted Butterscotch puddings. So steamy and sweet! I found the pots at IKEA in the gardening section. Yes, they literally are pots, but luckily no holes in the bottom! We got them for a steal at $0.20 each! (Normally $0.50ea - still a bargain!) And with some party dots, turned into some little winners!
The other highlight will have to wait till later in the week. I used the party dots for an easy to make party favour! (I only had time to do party dots, can you tell?? - they truly are so versatile!)


The blue and white Party Dot design is now in my store
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )