Thursday, May 3, 2012

FAREWELL PARTY IN THE PARK

This week we had to crack open my computer to print some stuff for my visa paperwork, which was actually a big 'Yay' for me. As sad as it may sound, being without my computer is like a part of me is missing - I miss my creative outlet, and my usual programs and tools to make my ideas happen! So nice to feel a little bit normal : )

It has also meant that I have access to the photos from our farewell party which I have wanted to share with you for a while, double yay!
Photobucket
Given we didn't have our own house and the fact we wanted to invite as many of our friends & family as we could to our farewell party, we held it in a nearby park. I had no 'plan B', so thankfully, it was a beautiful day and didn't rain!
Hot Dogs & Ice Cream were on the menu, which made it easy for a big crowd. It's times like these that I am extra thankful for a big helpful family and a chef as a brother in law (I dare say hot dogs were a little below his level, but he was very obliging! : )
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love that photo of Levi and one of his little buddies! xo
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
I created a new stationery design for the occasion (which will be in the shop when it re-opens), and put together an ice cream bar. Easy and always fun! We had some delicious flavours of ice cream and I tried to choose Australian style lollies along with the standard sprinkles & toppings. Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I think my favourite little details are the blue glass spoon holder from Ikea, and the pastel paper doilies (thanks Chelley Bean Designs for such a speedy delivery!). My favourite hand made detail were the crepe paper chandeliers that I hung in the tree. They looked a little different than I anticipated due to the wind (didn't think of that!), but they were quick to make and made a nice impact.

We sent everyone home with a giant freckle in a glassine bag with our contact details - so there's no excuse not to keep in touch! : ) Tied with bakers twine, they looked so cute all packaged up.
Photobucket
We had some props set up for friends to have their photo taken too. A few laughs!
Photobucket
I want to say a humungous thank you also to some lovely friends who helped make this day so awesome -
// Tash from Whimsy Petite Styling for her fabulous props, games & tables - she hires these out did you know? They really made it all come together when I just wasn't feeling it.

// Jess from Gerty Photography - seriously, so thankful she was able to capture so many photos of our friends and casual fun. Evertime I looked up there she was snapping away so many memories for us.  Please check out her website and facebook page. I will treasure all her photos.

// Daneve from Ah-Tissue & Chalk-It for those snazzy chalkboard labels. Love this product, thank you for a lovely going away gift xo

// And the photobooth props were from Oh Happy Day for a bit of fun. Thank you for the last minute inspriation! : )

I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my last Aussie event. Have you ever hosted a party for a lot of people? I'm curious to know what you served for food!

1 comments:

  1. Boa Tarde, admiramos seu blog,seus trabalhos e sugestoes a nós artesãos.
    Gostariamos de saber se já conhece nosso programa?

    Não perca segunda - feira (27) às 14h00 na TVABCD, o programa Art Net, falando tudo sobre artesanato,passao - a - passo de como montar uma coruja de E.V.A com aplicação de carimbos, e contará também com a participação do convidado especial, Angelo Guaraldo,o proprietário da rede de lojas para artesano, com dicas para empresarios e novos empresarios,contando um pouco da sua trajetória e como conseguiu se mantar tanto tempo no mercado. Assista ao programa no site www.tvabcd.com.br e mande suas perguntas através do linha ao VIVO!

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )